MISSION / VISION/ GOALS
MISSION: The mission of the department is to contribute to the development of food science, food technology, and food safety
through its innovative and creative food engineers and published realistic research outcomes.
VISION: The vision of the department, being aware of its historically pioneering role in the country, is to perceive and meet
the changing expectation of food industry, public, and consumer groups in terms of of food technology and food safety,
and to be a recognised partner nationwide and worldwide
To produce graduates who are;
– Equipped with sufficient knowledge in food science and technolgy field,
– Capable of using their knowledge and capabilities in areas such as food production, product development, quality and
– Focused on research and development, self confident, good team player,
– Respectful to ethics, sociable, aware of problems of our times, and conscious for the need of lifelong learning,
– Preferred by food industry, governmental instutitions and universities at first.
– To increase the number of projects supported and participated by EC, TUBITAK, DPT, university, and industry, and
enable each faculty member to be involved in at least one project,
– To increase the number of SCI publications and patents, and maintain the average number of publications above one
for each faculty member,
– To share new information and findings with the participation of faculty members to national or international scientific
– meetings at least once a year,
– To conduct research that contribute to science and meet the need of home country in line with development to
improve research infrastructure and support with new instruments, and increase in the number of technicians.
– To establish an effective communication network with our graduates, increase their support and involvment,
– To establish an advisory board comprising industry, government organizations, and representative of professional and consumer
– To enforce sectoral and social liaison as a result of development of consulting, education, research and analysis